Tianmen Mountain – 天门
Pictures of Tianmen Mountain
Located at Zhangjiajie, Tianmen Mountain is famous for the huge hole that crosses the mountain and is called Heaven’s Gate in Chinese. He was got through in the open air in 2011 by the English Jeb Corliss who was equipped with a Wingsuit.
Further up the hill, you can visit a temple similar to the one that was erected in the same place during the Tang Dynasty.
2 possibilities are available to you at the entrance:
– Line A: You take the cable car up to the top of the mountain and you make your visit to the foot of the stairs that goes up to the door of the sky. Then you go down by bus to the ticket office.
– Line B: You take the bus to the foot of the stairs that climbs to the sky gate and you make your visit to the summit where you take the cable car to go back to the ticket office.
If you do not want to go up or down the stairs that lead to the sky gate and the one leading to the temple, know that there are 2 giant escalators that can take you to the top or get off.
Plan 4 to 5 hours for the visit
Chines name: Tianmen Shan – 天门山
The ticket office and departure for Tianmen Mountain is located near the railway station.
– From March to November: ¥ 258
– From December to February: ¥ 225
On the 2 escalators, one is included in the ticket price, the other is ¥ 32.
– From March to November: 8:00 to 16:00 (8am to 4pm)
– From December to February: 8:00 to 16:30 (8am to 4:30pm)
Tip: Try at least one of the escalators, it’s worth a look and beautiful pictures are hanging along the walls.